Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One friend who changed my life forever.

14th- I am grateful for the impact that Corian Thacker has made in my life.

"A best friend is like a 4-leaf clover...hard to find, and lucky to have."
Cori Thacker is definitely my 4-leaf clover.  I'm going to take a step back in time to the first encounter I had of this amazing girl.

Flashback to September 2008

Moving to college was a HUGE deal in my book.  I basically thought I was moving away from home, never to return.  Turns out Rexburg, Idaho is a lot closer to home than I thought.  But that is besides the point.  I got moved in to my apartment, knew none of my roomates, and was a little worried I would get stuck with some city slicker prissy girl, that had never heard of a dirt road.  The first day was weird, meeting the new roomates, but I hobbled around on my crutches with a smile on face trying to make good first impressions on everyone.  It took me a while to get a good read on all of the girls, but I quickly discovered that Cori Thacker was a lot like me.

One day she left her ipod laying on the coffee table, so me being the curious one I am plugged it in to get a feel of what she was like.  I thought it was cool that this girl liked every single song that I did...a range of rock to country and some odd stuff in between.  She had great taste, just like me.  She walked into the living room, sat down on the couch next to me, gave me a curious look, farted, and started to laugh.  Shocked and speechless, I instantly busted up laughing.  Farts make me laugh, what can I say.  From that moment on, Cor and I were like two peas in a pod.  I became good friends with all of my roomates, but none had the special connection that I had with Cor.  She was the sister I never had...my better half.  Everyone loved Cori, and her laugh was contagious.  I never once caught her in a bad mood, and if I did, it didn't last for long.

Late night dance parties, hitting a snow drift on our way to early morning class, rolling out of bed and making it to class in 10 min, homework, clothes, more dances, introducing me to Montana, giving me a second family, getting the 4-wheeler stuck, teaching me to laugh, and fart, and always wanting me to be better, Cori Thacker changed my life.  Shoot, if it wasn't for Cori, I probably never would have married my eternal companion.  It was her encouragement that got the ball rolling for Casey and I.

It has been tough seeing her leave and do the Lords work, when I had planned to go on a mission as well, but the Lord had a different plan for me.  I miss her like crazy, and can't wait for her to get back to the states.  I love you Cori Thacker, and your amazing family that welcomed me in with open arms.  Lori and Kip are amazing people and will always hold a special place in my heart.  I am so so sooooo thankful for my best friend.  Thanks Cori, for always being there for me.
CORKEE FOREVER!
Love your sis,
Keely






























No comments:

Post a Comment