Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The 7th...

7th-I am grateful for....
                                                                                              ...WORK OUTS!!!

You probably think I'm crazy, but working out is amazing.  I signed Casey and I up at club Elite yesterday, and last night we went for a quick 30 minutes.  I know it was short, but I haven't lifted weights or ran since I lived in Rexburg, and Casey hasn't seen a gym since his mission.  So needless to say we took it a little slow.  As Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) would say..." ...baby step onto the elevator... baby step into the elevator... I'm *in* the elevator." Were taking this on with baby steps.  

To add to my excitement of joining a gym, I got a steal of a deal yesterday while purchasing gym shorts, because we all know that you have to buy the right gear in order to look legit while working out.  You don't want to be the goofy kid with the super short shorts that ride up in your crotch when you run with the shirt that shows all of your sweat stains.  You have to keep it professional at the gym.  I'm sure it says this in some book somewhere, but anywho.....back to the shorts.  My experience went something like this.


Went to Wal-Mart.   Walked in the door.    Stopped.    Turned around.    Walked back out.  Got in the car and drove across the street to JC PENNYS.   Kicked myself for waisting time at the trashiest store in Burley.   Walked into Penny's.    Went to the discount rack.   I'm cheap.  Found nothing on the discount rack.  Took a moment to convince myself that I am worth spending more than $5 on myself.   Hesitantly walked over to the (Nice clothes section).    Picked up some spandex pants.    Looked at the price tag on the spandex pants.   Put the spandex pants back.  Debated with myself for ten minutes.   Finally picked up the pants, grabbed a shirt, and briskly walked to the mens section.  Found some Nike shorts.  Looked at the price tag.  Told myself my husband is worth it, and made it to the  checkout stand.  Women's spandex capris $20.   Women's mesh breathable top $14.  Men's NIKE basketball shorts.....$0.25.   Keely's jaw hitting the floor...priceless.  I then kicked myself again for not picking up the entire rack of shorts.  Stupid me.  How the heck was I to know the price would have been marked wrong and I would be able to purchase Nike basketball shorts for 25 cents!?  


I silently thanked the girl, or guy that had marked the price wrong in the system as I walked out of the store beaming that I had just received a 99.9% discount.  First one of my life, and I must say, it felt amazing.  I hope everyone of you get the chance to experience what I just did.  


So far, our journey of exercising has been off to a great start.  I just hope I can shed the extra 30 lbs that marriage has given me.  So wish me luck.  Casey and I are both going to need it.  Happy 7th of November!!



  This was taken while we were dating.  This is both of our goal weight right here so pray for us ;) 
WE CAN DO IT!!!!

1 comment: